SAPA's Educational Scholarships
Each Spring SAPA awards to its members educational grants in various categories.
San Antonio Paralegal Association is accepting scholarship applications from May 1 thru June 8, 2018. One grant for each of the following categories may be awarded at the June 2018 SAPA CLE Luncheon:
The categories and awards for 2018 are as follows:
- Scholarship for half of the fee for a professional certification exam (CLA/CP and/or TBLS). NALA certification exam fee is $250 for NALA Members and $275 for non- members, therefore the award is up to half of the fee or $125 or $137.50; TBLS application fee is $75 and exam fee is $125, therefore the award is up to half the fee or $100;
- Scholarship for paralegal training to be used toward payment of tuition for classes to obtain a paralegal degree or certificate. Award up to $200.00;
- Scholarship for cost of attendance of five (5) SAPA CLE luncheons of your choice, approximately $100 value; and
- Scholarship for registration fee to attend this year’s Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar (TAPS) in Addison, Texas; Dates: September 26th - 28th. Registration is $325 for members and $425 for non-members. SAPA will award half of the registration fee or $162.50 for members and $212.50 for non-members.
Rules/Restrictions for Scholarship Applications:
- Applicant must be a current Voting, Associate, or Student member of SAPA.
- One application per applicant. Applicant may apply for scholarship in more than one category.
- Applicant must provide a written essay on a topic listed in Section VII of the application (two-pages, doubled-spaced)
- If applicant is applying for a paralegal training scholarship and is currently enrolled, a copy of applicant’s current training/college program transcript is required. [Does not need to be a “certified” copy.]
- Applications postmarked after June 8, 2018, will not be considered.
Any application that does not meet these guidelines will not be considered. Awarding of any scholarship is at the discretion of the Scholarship Program Committee and Board of Directors.
For additional information, contact SAPA’s Education Director, at Educationdirector@saparalegal.org.